Development Surveyor (Northampton Office)
The successful candidate’s primary role will be to assist the Directors in the full development process: from the identification of sites; securing and promotion through the planning process, to building-out and letting.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have excellent development appraisal skills, have a ‘can-do attitude’ and be able to quickly build a rapport with people.
Likely to be in an existing development role or from an agency background with experience in valuation and agency departments in their APC training. In return, we will provide full support to develop your career further with the aim of taking full responsibility for projects from inception to completion.
Key Responsibilities will include supporting the team on:
- Financial feasibility studies and viability appraisals on potential sites
- Due diligence on site acquisitions
- All facets of development appraisal work from land acquisition, through the development process to the conclusion of the built development
- Working on the promotion of sites through the planning process
- Assisting in all aspects of the letting process
- The sale of completed schemes
- Articulate, professional and persuasive, with a confident telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Excellent IT skills and experience of development appraisal and valuation systems
- A sound understanding of the planning and development process
- Confident to meet, present to, manage and negotiate with a wide range of professional advisors, occupiers, investors, and Local Authorities
- Tenacious with a will to succeed
- Adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
- Lateral and clear thinking with a focused approach
- Able to work within a team and on their own initiative
Qualifications and Technical Abilities:
- RICS qualified
- Development experience preferred
- Alternatively, from an agency background with experience in valuation and/or agency departments
- Numerate and technically competent
- Excellent IT, problem-solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal skills
- Full driving license
A competitive package is available for the successful candidate with opportunities for career progression.
Applications close Tuesday 25th June Apply now >>