The successful candidate’s primary role will be to assist the Directors in the full development process: from the identification of sites; securing and promotion through the planning process, to building-out and letting.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have excellent development appraisal skills, have a ‘can-do attitude’ and be able to quickly build a rapport with people.
In return, we will provide full support to help you achieve RICS membership, including ensuring you gain varied relevant experience as required for the APC examination. Furthermore, as a firm we organise and fund a range of specialist training days which are tailored to cover your chosen competencies, including preparation for your final assessment, ensuring that you are fully prepared to sit your APC at the end of the two-year training period.
Key Responsibilities will include supporting the team on:
- Financial feasibility studies and viability appraisals on potential sites
- Due diligence on site acquisitions
- All facets of development appraisal work from land acquisition, through the development process to the conclusion of the built development
- Working on the promotion of sites through the planning process
- Assisting in all aspects of the letting process
- The sale of completed schemes
- Articulate, professional and persuasive, with a confident telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Excellent IT skills and experience of development appraisal and valuation systems
- A sound understanding of the planning and development process
- Confident to meet, present to, manage and negotiate with a wide range of professional advisors, occupiers, investors, and Local Authorities
- Tenacious with a will to succeed
- Adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
- Lateral and clear thinking with a focused approach
- Able to work within a team and on their own initiative
Qualifications and Technical Abilities:
- Relevant workplace experience in dealing with development, planning and/or commercial property would be advantageous
- Numerate and technically competent
- Excellent IT, problem-solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal skills
- Full driving license
A competitive package is available for the successful candidate with opportunities for career progression.
Applications close Tuesday 25th June Apply now >>